Did you know that clogged air filters are the #1 cause of heating and cooling system problems?
What Happens When Your Air Filter Is Clogged?
When your air filter is clogged, the air handler must work harder to compensate for the blockage of air flow.
In addition to driving up your utility bill, the reduced air flow through your heating and cooling system can cause your heat exchanger to overheat and shut off too quickly, preventing your house from warming up. If that happens too often, the electronic “limit switch” safeguard can fail, and then the furnace won’t fire up at all. This service call and new part can easily cost you $175.
So what’s the big deal? Does an air filter really matter? In an effort to answer that, let’s take a look at what happens if you don’t routinely change your filter. Here are some clogged furnace filter symptoms:
1. Clogged Filters Increased Energy Consumption
2. Clogged Filters Cause Frozen Evaporator Coils
3. Clogged Filters Lead to Inadequate Heating/Cooling
4. Clogged Filters Contribute to Unhealthy Pollutant Air
5. Clogged Filters Can Lead to Cycling or Overheated Furnace
6. Clogged Filters Can Damage Furnace Heat Exchanger
If you ever feel as if your furnace isn’t preforming properly, dont hesitate to call your service tech. Let’s keep utility bills to a minimum. Make the call that will save you money ☎️ or book online.
Thanks for sharing your time with us.
See you soon.